Duh!

There are times some people shouldn't speak.


  Please loan me some money, but don't think you have a say in how I spend it!

The New Orleans area is in need of some rebuilding, some say. My personal opinion is that they should not rebuild in areas that are below sea-level; it just isn't smart! Duh!
But today, the New Orleans mayor (I could give him other titles, but I am trying to be nice) says the city is bankrupt and is in need of some help via federal and bank loans. However, he says he will take our money (yes, the money the federal government uses is our money!), but don't tell him how to use it to rebuild.
"However, Nagin was emphatic state and federal officials would not railroad through city reconstruction until it had passed city muster" (http://www.washtimes.com/upi/20050913-084248-8471r.htm )
He stated, "I don't want anybody outside of New Orleans planning nothing as it relates to how we're going to rebuild this city without us signing off on it."

Ever walked into a bank and said 'Hey, give me a loan [or I will smear your name in the news] and don't even try to tell me what I can and can't do with it'?
Give me a break; if you are going to use my money, you better use it wisely so I don't have to give you any more money when the next hurricane comes through!!! Why should I have to pay for your stupidity? I will help you this time, but don't come asking again if you don't listen me!

Please support the relief efforts now by donating to the Red Cross or the Salvation Army

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?