Duh!

There are times some people shouldn't speak.


  God be mad? No, He can't be!
It happens all too often: we press our own thoughts and feelings onto God and expect Him to act as if He was at our command. Some say God is all about love and can't be angry and punish us. "God is love, and isn't about punishment", they say. Well, I am here to tell you 'they' are correct and wrong! God is love, but part of love is having to show your children that there are consequences to our decisions. If there were no consequences, there wouldn't be a thing call sin. We all would go through life doing what we wanted to do and never listen to anyone or God.

God never changes so that He matches our beliefs:
[ "So I will come near to you for judgment. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive aliens of justice, but do not fear me," says the LORD Almighty. 6 "I the LORD do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. 7 Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you," says the LORD Almighty... ] -Malachi 3:5-7 NIV

So, when I read the story today that the Roman Catholic Church will expel those that carry out embryonic stem cell research, I was amazed to read a quote of Paola Binetti, an Italian senator, a member of Opus Dei, and a "prominent campaigner for Catholic rights": "I am upset and stunned," she said. "It is a mistake to give out the idea that God is angry with Man because he is not in agreement with him."

What? Do you not read your Bible? Ever heard of the story about Moses coming down from the Mount to find the people worshiping the golden calf?
[ Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go down, because your people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt. 8 They have been quick to turn away from what I commanded them and have made themselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. They have bowed down to it and sacrificed to it and have said, 'These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.' 9 "I have seen these people," the LORD said to Moses, "and they are a stiff-necked people. 10 Now leave me alone so that my anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them. Then I will make you into a great nation." ] - Exodus 32: 7-10 NIV

Of course God gets upset with his people when they don't agree with him. He shows mercy and grace to us, but that doesn't mean he is not angry! Duh!

God will forgive our sins when we have accepted His son Jesus as the messiah and Lord, but there are always consequences to sin. No matter what we think...

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?